Thursday, January 03, 2013

Epiphany, part 242

I have epiphanies ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously, probably more than I should. Or maybe they're hyperbole and some realiziations of supremely simple things I THINK I should know rather than life-changing realizations. Either way, I get the light-bulb moment all the time.

This time was about boys. Yes. Boys. I don't really think about boys anymore because I've been in self-sterilization and isolation mode. It's one of those things I did to get me out of my self-destructive loop, but my current problem is how do I stop? And do I even want to? Most of the boys I come in contact with seem to be overly-apologetic or completely unapologetic. Or maybe it's not just boys? Is there any middle ground left at all? I'd like to think so...

And here's a cat story


This little dickins (Fizzgig, hereby dubbed Greedy Gus or Gus) woke me up at midnight. My bed was shaking so of course I woke up. Then there was scratching and thumping at the head of the bed and I'm thinking "well, Anya got in the window yestereday. That's probably what's going on"

(for perspective, my bed is a canopy bed and I've hung curtains from the back rod to cover the window/act all cool-like and the kittens have discovered a Narnia-like secret world from the window. They like it)

But it wasn't Anya. It was Fizzgig. And all I saw was a cat butt and tail on top of the railing. The 6.5 foot tall railing. The only think I could think of was "Please don't fall on me. Please, please don't fall on me"

This is old but I forgot to post it - I have another one coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment